I’ve been contemplating what to read next and ended up not reading any the whole week. I last read All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and it’s one of the best books I’ve read so far this year. Realization came that ending a good book is almost like saying goodbye to a good friend. Then you don’t know what to read/do next. Since I finished the book, I haven’t started another. I guess it always helps when you know you have something great to read next and yes I think I have a few great ones in my TBR shelf but this time I think it’s nice to ask you guys for recommendations.
Below is a list of what I consider reading next… Please feel free to write your recommendations whether or not they’re on the list, I’d appreciate it.
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand
- Catch 22 by Joseph Keller
- The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
- The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie
- The Hare with Amber Eyes by Edmund de Waal
- Aloft by Chang-Rae Lee
- Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
- The Tiger’s Wife by Tea Obreht
Any better recommendations?