Big thanks to Nen & Jen for my 9th Sunshine Blogger Award! Nen & Jen’s site goes by the same blog name. It’s one of the few blogs I’ve chanced upon and followed right away because of interesting contents and friendly blogger’s attitude. I am so glad to be interacting with them, they are really very friendly so do make sure to check on their blog as well. You won’t be disappointed, I assure you!
Let’s get started!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award and write for them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Nen & Jen’s Questions:
1. What was the first book you really obsessed over?
I got really obsessed with The Kite Runner. I wasn’t even done reading the book at that time but I talked about it to literally anyone. It is one of my all-time favorites and one of the books that really touched my heart so deeply. I think most people I know knew about this book because of me.
2. Which book was your last 1-star rating?
I haven’t rated any book with 1-star. The lowest rating I’ve ever given a book was 2-stars.
3. Name your ultimate (specific) book + food/drink pairing.
The Kite Runner + black coffee (and tissues)
A Gentleman in Moscow + black coffee & pumpkin pie
The Book Thief + black coffee
4. Do you ever read a book without reading its synopsis?
No, never, except very recently for Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. One of my best friends loved it so much, we actually agree almost 100% on books so I thought of just diving straight to it. I ended up disappointed, though, so I won’t do it again.
5. What is your favorite type of blogging post?
I like reading book reviews, book tags, travels or any random experiences the blogger is sharing.
6. What is your least favorite book troupe?
Love triangles. (Does that count?)
7. Who was your favorite childhood author?
As a child, I didn’t really care much about the authors of the books I’ve read so I didn’t have a favorite author then.
8. Do you like to write or only like to read?
I like to write but I don’t have the talent to do so but I try to, sometimes a haiku, an elfchen, and some “reviews” about the books I’ve read.
9. If you can turn any book into a film, which would it be?
At the moment, I would really love Pachinko turned into a movie or a TV series. It’s a very interesting and informative book that I would love non-readers to know about.
10. What genre do you wish you could read?
I would love to try to read a graphic novel.
11. What made you decide to get into book blogging?
Same reason why I started this blog: boredom. A few years ago, there weren’t too much work to do in the office and I was on a reading hiatus. So to kill time I thought of writing about the books I’ve read. This eventually got me back into reading again.
The hardest part in this awards is choosing the nominees. Consider yourselves tagged all of you and here are my nominees this time:
- What attracts you to a book?
- What genres do you love to read about?
- Paperback or Kindle?
- Your perfect reading spot.
- Your perfect company while reading.
- Your all-time favorite book character.
- What movie adaptation do you think was better than the book itself?
- What do you think of classics?
- A popular book you dislike.
- What is your favorite book quote?
- Recommend one book you want me to read.
Thanks again Nen & Jen for the nomination, I enjoyed answering your questions. 🙂 Until next time!
I’m looking forward to all of your answers, the comment box is yours again, homo sapiens! Have a wonderful day and week ahead!