Guess what? I think it’s the best time of the year to give my readers that chance to get to know a little bit more about Just_Me, yes, that’s me! Today’s post will be a minute of random facts about me and some lessons I’ve learned in the past twelve months. Here we go…
1. I am a big fan of Roger Federer. I love Roger! 😍🎾
2. I can play the drums and it’s the only musical instrument I can play.🥁
3. I love to sing but I’m way, way, way out of tune.🎤👩🎤
4. I’m not comfortable on the beach, on a river, lake or whatever bodies of water. I’m not afraid of water, just not comfortable with it.
5. I have a bad habit of overthinking things waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy tooooooo mooooooore than I should. 🤔😔
6. I am frequently misunderstood.
7. I can be wickedly sarcastic.
8. I’m a rebel. (Even just for the hell of it!)
9. I’ve tried meditation several times for the past one and a half years but failed. I think I need more time.
10. I don’t have an appendix since I was 13.
11. I fell from a horse when I was 14.
12. I like Game of Thrones and House of Cards.
13. I’m a fan of X-Men (specially Wolverine/Logan!) and The Lord of the Rings.
14. I have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
15. I do not wear make-up.
16. I always wake up 10 or 15 minutes earlier before my alarm. ⏰
17. I love beer/alcohol and I don’t easily get drunk. 🍺🍻🍸🍾🍷🥂
18. I drink coffee like it’s my job and I want it black and no sugar. ☕️☕️☕️
19. I can eat a jar of peanut butter.
20. I’m a big fan of solo travel. ✈️🚕🚇
21. My dream job was to be a lawyer. But I really wanted to be a singer/performer, too!
22. I’d choose vegetables over meat.
23. I feel very much at home in libraries.
24. I’ve been keeping a diary since grade school though I don’t really write every single day. Since 2009 though, I made it a point to write daily and I was consistent with it until some time last year where I stopped for a while and continued again after a couple of months. I’ve decided to stop writing though since the new year.
25. I would love to do volunteer works in Africa or anywhere I haven’t been to.
26. I enjoy reading and I have more than 50 books unread on my shelf. I like historical fiction and surreal works like the books of Haruki Murakami. 📚📚
27. I don’t like being late.
28. I’m almost always open to trying something new.
29. I love food. Food is life.
30. I don’t know how to save/control my own money so my mom does it all for me. 💰💰💰
31. I like long hours of travel.
32. Today is my birthday. 😊😜🤭🤫
And some lessons that I’ve notably learned this past year are:
1. Even the seemingly perfect relationships end.
2. Letting go of whatever painful baggage we’re holding onto allows us to feel better, be better and it makes us stronger.
3. Talking to strangers is one of the best ways to meet wonderful people.
4. Change is always possible, any time, any moment.
5. Embrace rejection.
6. Forgive everyone everything.
7. I’ve loved. And that’s all that matters.
8. The only people we need in life are those who want us to be in theirs.
9. Mean words can scar a person for life.
10. Some people can stay in our hearts, sure, but not in our lives.
There you go… I also feel like I’m in the mood to answer questions today so if you have any, feel free to ask in the comment section.
Enjoy the day, homo sapiens! 🙂