Hello there, homo sapiens! I hope everyone’s safe and cool and doing great. There’s been a sudden increase of corona virus cases here in Kuwait so it’s pretty alarming but all of them who tested positive are quarantined at the moment. It’s crazy that there’s nowhere to buy masks anymore! Damn! Anyhow, I hope things will get better and hopefully no more additional cases of the virus here.
But you know what’s awesome, though? This.
I was nominated by the wonderful blogger, Carl @ The Pine-Scented Chronicles. Thank you so much, Carl. It’s really very sweet of you to think of me for this though I really couldn’t fathom why. But I’d happily take it. 😀
The Awesome Blogger Award
The award was created by Maggie @Dreaming of Guatemala. This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Credit the creator.
- Tag this post with #AwesomeBloggerAward.
- Answer all the questions given to you.
- Nominate some people.
- Write 10 questions for them to answer.
Let’s get started with Carl’s questions:
You were given an opportunity to have a tête-à-tête with an author, or an historical figure. Who will it be and what will you talk about? You can also choose figures who’ve already passed away.
I would definitely enjoy a tête-à-tête with Ferdinand Marcos. I would love to know the kind of books he loved to read and which one is his favorite. Also I’m curious what were his plans for the Philippines if it weren’t for the people power revolution.
I would also be very interested for a private conversation with Adolf Hitler. And I think it’s easy to guess why.
Since it is the month of love, who are your top three favorite literary couples?
- Hazel and Augustus – The Fault in Our Stars
- Ennis and Jack – Brokeback Mountain
- Ali and Noah – The Notebook
If you were to travel to a place you’ve never been before, where would it be?
There’s a lot of places I would really love to go to but my top three priorities for now are Japan, Egypt and Africa.
Which author do you want to write your life story?
I would love Haruki Murakami to write my life story but I’d also consider Laura Hillenbrand and Khaled Hosseini.
In times of distress, what are your top five go-to books?
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
What was the first book you’ve read loved? Tell us more about why loved the book.
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Wonderland is my favorite place to be. And I can very much relate with Alice’s curiosity and sometimes her childishness.
You’re in the bookstore and all the books you want to have are on sale. However, your budget is limited. What five titles will you buy?
Hmmm… this is a tough question and a tough situation to be in! Well, at the moment I’d go for:
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
Which do you prefer – the sound of the waves or the tranquility of mountains?
The tranquility of mountains all the time!
What are three things, or activities, that you are most passionate about?
Reading, tennis, travelling.
If your life is to be made into a movie, which genre will it be – drama, comedy, fantasy, horror or suspense? Which actor/actress, in your opinion, will give justice to your story?
Definitely not fantasy or horror. More of comedy and suspense with a little bit of drama. I would love Emily Blunt to play as myself and I would love Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino and Kit Harington to play a part in the movie. 🙂
Now I’m tagging…
No worries if you don’t feel like doing this, it would be fun to know your answers but no problem if this isn’t your kind of thing. You’re not obligated unless you want to.
My questions (just in case)…
- If you could have dinner with one celebrity/author/historical figure (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
- What three things would you want to achieve this year?
- If you could live in any place in the world, where would it be and why?
- Do you like spending time alone, why or why not?
- Your current favorite song.
- What sports do you play?
- What’s your favorite food/dish?
- What’s the first thing you notice in a person?
- How do you like to relax?
- If I’d be fortunate to visit your city/country and get the chance to meet up with you, what would we do?
I’m looking forward to the nominees’ answers and for anyone reading this, consider yourself tagged. You can either write a post or simply answer the questions in the comments section.
Thanks again, Carl! I enjoyed doing this!
Happy weekend, homo sapiens!