There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
You don’t get better on the days when you feel like going. You get better on the days when you don’t want to go, but you go anyway. If you can overcome the negative energy coming from your tired body or unmotivated mind, you will grow and become better. It won’t be the best workout you have, you won’t accomplish as much as what you usually do when you actually feel good, but that doesn’t matter. Growth is a long term game, and the crappy days are more important.
-Georges St. Pierre
I momentarily stepped away from work to accept this nomination for The Mystery Blogger Award! A first! How cool is that? Huge thanks to Jyoti for nominating me and sorry for doing this so bloody late! Make sure to check out her blog here. She’s got tons of wonderful stuff to enjoy there.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma where he says:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Three Things About Me:
1. I’m a frustrated singer.
2. I can’t whistle.
3. I’ve consistently been writing a diary since 2009 until I stopped writing for a while some time last year. I started to write again a few months later and finally decided not to write anymore since the new year.
Jyoti’s Questions and My Answers:
1. Are you happy with your life? If yes, explain your happiness in one word.
I don’t have everything I want in life and things turned out differently the way I planned my life to be but I’m certainly happy as to what and where I am now. So if I were to describe my happiness in one word, it would be: blessed.
2. Which is your favorite color and why?
I’ve had several favorites at certain moments in my life. Like when I was in elementary school, I was so obsessed with green. I think I was really into nature at that time. In high school, I liked white a lot. Most of my shirts were white then. When I was in the university, I was into gray. I was a bit uncertain of the things that were going on then. So I always settle on things in between. Decisions weren’t too easy to make. I don’t know if that makes sense to you but it does to me during those years. After graduating though and until now, I find purple lovely and I like black a lot. Most of my clothes now are black. Helps me look a bit slimmer, too! 😉
3. Explain your way of life to your viewers.
For those who have been following me for some time now, you know I’m currently residing/working in Kuwait. I go to work Sundays thru Thursdays and have my days off on weekends (Friday & Saturday) which I usually spend reading, writing or sometimes watching. There’s not much to do around here unlike back in my country so it’s a bit boring actually. I have a very laid-back lifestyle and I don’t concern myself with fashion or the latest trends. I mostly eat out or order for delivery because I’m not a good cook.
4. What do you fear the most?
My mom and an empty fridge. 😂
5. Do you think the one who nominated you is a good writer/blogger?
My Questions for the Nominees:
- Space or ocean exploration and why?
- What’s your dream job?
- The first thing you’ll save from your burning house?
- What’s your current favorite song?
- If you could be anywhere else right now, where would you be and why?
There you go! I hope you all enjoyed reading and I’m looking forward to the answers of the nominees as well, I hope you accept the nomination. 🙂
Once again, thanks a lot, Jyoti!
Have a wonderful day, homo sapiens! 🙂