It’s so easy to love someone when everything’s perfect and wonderful. When everything is going right, when everything go the way you want them to. But some days, things get difficult, mistakes are made, things are messed up, things aren’t perfect. It’s during these days that we see how much love there really is.
Sure, anyone can love someone who do all the right things and say the words we want to hear. Anyone can love someone who are being everything you want or need. But how about loving someone when they’re at their lowest? When they’re broken, when they’re lost? When they’re at their worst? It would really be a very good thing to have someone who is willing and happy to stand with you no matter how challenging things may get or how difficult you might be.
And I think that’s the more beautiful and meaningful kind of love there is…
I am extremely glad you exist.
I woke up one day
and realized, I am not
I kissed him back.
It’s my fault, I trusted you.
Hoping you also miss me sometimes…
Sometimes, we create our own heartbreaks.
I’m probably meant to be alone.
Missing someone who was never mine.
You do not matter
enough to me anymore
to still upset me.
You’re someone I would’ve died for.
You are all I have left.
Silent tears stream behind closed doors.
Smiles in the sunrise
telling a pretty story.
Makes me want to dance.
One wish: to be okay again.
It makes me happy
when he kisses my forehead.
It’s just a dream now.
Sometimes, there is no turning back.
I’m a million things except okay.
You’re too near yet so far.
Everyone in this whole wide world has something, big or small, that makes them happy. Money, shoes, bags, food, people, etc. My idea of happiness is simple and usually, it’s the small things that actually gives me joy. And as I grow older, these small things are actually the big things and maybe that’s why these things made me happy then and still makes me happy now.
- A good book
- Adventures/Traveling and learning other cultures
- Happy tears
- Inside jokes with family/friends
- Old couples still madly in love with each other
- A kiss on the forehead (It’s the most respectful kiss, I think)
- Being married
- Morning fog (I miss this)
- When someone remembers the things you say (and when someone remembers my birthday not because they saw it on Facebook)
- When love works in other people
- When I/someone is excited and can’t stop smiling
- When people leave (You know, like clouds, when they’re gone, it’s a brighter day!)
- Long walks
- Songs that make you reminisce
- Starry nights
- Knowing/discovering things for the first time
- Finding things you thought you’ve lost
- Sleeping in your bed after being away
- Shy smiles 🙂
- Hanging out with friends
- The sound of rain and thunder
- Thrift shops
- Receiving hand-written letters (Which almost doesn’t happen anymore)
- Not coming home until early hours
There are a lot more things that make me happy and my list could go on forever but I’ll leave it with these few. How ’bout you? What brings you joy?
Thanks for reading, you just made me happy! 🙂