If you don’t understand, ask questions. If you’re uncomfortable about asking questions, say you are uncomfortable about asking questions and then ask anyway. It’s easy to tell when a question is coming from a good place. Then listen some more. Sometimes people just want to feel heard.
~Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
This came as a surprise several weeks back but I didn’t have time to do it but… it’s always better late than never, I guess, and so huge thanks to Elly, for nominating me and sorry for waiting so long! 😉 She’s a sweet girl from Nigeria who wants to be a superhero! You can visit her blog here.
Let’s start off with The Rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer the questions you were asked.
- Nominate 6-7 other bloggers.
- Ask the nominees any five questions of your choice.
Three Things About Myself:
Hmm… I can’t think of anything! Haha! Well…
1. I’m not a big fan of social media. I’ve only started using Twitter a few months back and I don’t seem to know how to use it properly. Ha! I don’t have a Facebook account and very inactive on Instagram.
2. I love to talk. When I meet someone I really enjoy talking to, I can talk with them for hours on end.
3. I value space and freedom.
Here are my answers to Elly’s questions:
1. What’s your inspiration for writing?
As I always say, I don’t really consider myself a writer though writing has been a very big part of my life. I mostly write when I’m feeling too much about something or someone. I only get to write things that I’ve seen or experienced. I daydream a lot but I can’t put them into words. 😉 Sounds weird or strange maybe? But yeah, whatever I’m feeling or experiencing are I guess, what inspires me to write.
2. Who is your favorite superhero?
Wolverine. I’m anti-violence but I like his use of deadly force. 😅 I, myself, am a rebel and he brings out the rebel in us.
Magneto. I like his ability to control magnetic fields.
3. Wanna explore the world or sit back and relax?
Definitely explore the world. I’ve been to a few countries for the past nine years and traveling and exploring places I haven’t been to before are truly wonderful, enlightening, heartwarming and sometimes heart-breaking experiences. When I become rich, traveling is top priority!
4. Summer with rain or winter with spring?
Hmm… I would choose winter and spring. I want to see snow. And spring because in my hometown, it always almost seems like spring time because flowers bloom almost all year ’round.
5. Movie or hangout with your friends?
I’m not really into movies but here in Kuwait, hanging out with friends means watching a movie. 🙂 Whether in the cinema or in someone’s apartment, there has got to be movies though I don’t really pay much attention to it.
Now here are my nominees:
My questions for the nominees are:
- What is something you will never do again?
- What is something everyone should do at least once in their lives?
- What are you most looking forward to in the next five years?
- What’s the best thing that happened to you today?
- What one thing do you really want but can’t afford?
There you go! I hope the nominees will find time to accept this, I can’t wait to read your answers! And once again, thanks a lot, Elly! 🙂
Happy day, homo sapiens! 🙂
Third and final day of the Three Days, Three Quotes Challenge from Elma.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post a quote for three consecutive days, or whenever the mood strikes you.
- Tell why that quote appeal to you.
- Nominate three bloggers for each post.
Life is filled with unanswered questions, but it is the courage to seek those answers that continues to give meaning to life. You can spend your life wallowing in despair, wondering why you were the one who was led towards the road strewn with pain, or you can be grateful that you are strong enough to survive it.
A quote that reminds me to always be grateful for being strong enough to survive whatever life throws at me.
Thanks again, Elma for this challenge. Til the next one! 🙂
Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don’t search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answers.
-Rainer Maria Rilke
First of all, thanks a lot for your wonderful birthday wishes yesterday. I think I received a lot this year than any other, from here on WordPress, on Twitter, and everyone who called and sent text messages, wow! Thanks a lot, guys! You all made it extra special, thank you!
Anyway, I’ve decided to write this post as fast as I could before I continue with my work again… I’m giving my readers a chance to ask me one question each. I will try my best to answer them all. Then maybe I can ask you back one question, too. I think it’s a good way to get to know each other.
So guys, let’s get started, ask me! 🙂
Photo credit to the owner, I just got this from Google!
I momentarily stepped away from work to accept this nomination for The Mystery Blogger Award! A first! How cool is that? Huge thanks to Jyoti for nominating me and sorry for doing this so bloody late! Make sure to check out her blog here. She’s got tons of wonderful stuff to enjoy there.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma where he says:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Three Things About Me:
1. I’m a frustrated singer.
2. I can’t whistle.
3. I’ve consistently been writing a diary since 2009 until I stopped writing for a while some time last year. I started to write again a few months later and finally decided not to write anymore since the new year.
Jyoti’s Questions and My Answers:
1. Are you happy with your life? If yes, explain your happiness in one word.
I don’t have everything I want in life and things turned out differently the way I planned my life to be but I’m certainly happy as to what and where I am now. So if I were to describe my happiness in one word, it would be: blessed.
2. Which is your favorite color and why?
I’ve had several favorites at certain moments in my life. Like when I was in elementary school, I was so obsessed with green. I think I was really into nature at that time. In high school, I liked white a lot. Most of my shirts were white then. When I was in the university, I was into gray. I was a bit uncertain of the things that were going on then. So I always settle on things in between. Decisions weren’t too easy to make. I don’t know if that makes sense to you but it does to me during those years. After graduating though and until now, I find purple lovely and I like black a lot. Most of my clothes now are black. Helps me look a bit slimmer, too! 😉
3. Explain your way of life to your viewers.
For those who have been following me for some time now, you know I’m currently residing/working in Kuwait. I go to work Sundays thru Thursdays and have my days off on weekends (Friday & Saturday) which I usually spend reading, writing or sometimes watching. There’s not much to do around here unlike back in my country so it’s a bit boring actually. I have a very laid-back lifestyle and I don’t concern myself with fashion or the latest trends. I mostly eat out or order for delivery because I’m not a good cook.
4. What do you fear the most?
My mom and an empty fridge. 😂
5. Do you think the one who nominated you is a good writer/blogger?
My Questions for the Nominees:
- Space or ocean exploration and why?
- What’s your dream job?
- The first thing you’ll save from your burning house?
- What’s your current favorite song?
- If you could be anywhere else right now, where would you be and why?
There you go! I hope you all enjoyed reading and I’m looking forward to the answers of the nominees as well, I hope you accept the nomination. 🙂
Once again, thanks a lot, Jyoti!
Have a wonderful day, homo sapiens! 🙂
Well, well, well… This. Is. Really. Amazing! Thank you so much Abdul for nominating me! Sorry for doing this very late, I’m very busy at work most of the time but here it is! To my readers who haven’t discovered his blog yet, do visit it here. Lots of interesting things to read from there. 🙂
- Create a post thanking the person who nominated you, provide a link to their blog.
- Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of ten questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 5-11 upcoming or recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
Abdul’s questions and my answers:
1. Did you ever felt you were just going to die? What was your last wish?
Getting drunk is fun but there was one occasion where I felt like I had alcohol poisoning. I was vomiting for an hour or so in the bathroom, I don’t know, it was painful and crazy, I must’ve called and prayed to all the saints I knew back then to please relieve me from the trouble I’m into. I did feel like I was gonna die then and I’m not so sure what happened after. When I woke up, I was still in the bathroom. 🙂 I don’t remember having any last wish or something at that time except that I’ve been praying to just let the vomiting/pain stop.
2. Have you ever tried eating food sitting on the floor instead of dining table? Does it feel more comfortable to sit on the floor and eat?
Yes, I’ve tried eating sitting on the floor several times before but no, it’s not that comfortable for me. I can do it again but I still prefer eating on a dining table.
3. You receive a call, and the speaker says,” XYZ (The person you hate the most) Just died”, Will you forgive that person or keep holding the anger till the end of your life?
Well, I think, if I ever get to receive a call like that, I’m pretty sure I have long-forgiven that person already. Sure I do hold a grudge for a while but I let it go just the same. Chances are it might make me feel sad hearing the news.
4. You are deeply in love with a person, And he/she call you suddenly out of no-where and says,”I Love You”. What will be your response?
I don’t know, I’d probably be lost for words.
5. While traveling, you forgot your bag in the Bus, Train etc. Everything is in your bag even your mobile phone, what’s the very first thing you are going to do?
Cry. Just kidding! 🙂 Hmmm… I need to stay calm first of all and think of what I have to do next.
6. Kill One and save 1000, and the one to kill is your best friend. What will you do?
Sorry, best friend… yeah, kill one! If one needs to die for a thousand to thrive, then so be it. (I hope my best friend doesn’t get to read this. 😉 )
7. On a vacation, you lost your memory – At what place can i find you?
*(Places you visit regularly)
If not in a library, very likely in a restaurant.
8. The leader OR The follower (The lion Or The lamb)?
Very likely the leader. 🙂
9. A Coffee with a stranger Or Conversation with a known person?
Oh! I’m on the fence here. Hmmm… there are definitely people I’ve known for quite some time now that I would really love to talk to all the time but having coffee with a stranger is very interesting, too, which actually just happened last Friday. 🙂 So at the moment, I’d choose coffee with a stranger.
10. To create your own story (HOW)? OR be someone else story (WHY)?
Definitely create my own story. How? I still have to figure that out! 🙂
Choosing the nominees is always the most difficult part here but today The nominees are:
The questions for the nominees are:
1. How did you celebrate Christmas?
- What’s your favorite thing about Christmas?
What’s the best thing that happened to you this year?
Your top three goals for the coming year.
5. Would you like to be famous? For what reason?
6. What’s the first thing you notice in people?
7. Name a special place you’ve been to where you’d like to go again.
- Which do you prefer, sunrise or sunset?
What’s the worst thing someone has ever done to you?
What’s the best thing that happened to you today?
As always, I can’t wait to read your answers to my questions and get to know you more!
Once again, thank you, Abdul! This is one among my special gifts this Christmas! 🙂
Happy day, homo sapiens!