Being happy never goes out of style.
But who can say what’s best? That’s why you need to grab whatever chance you have of happiness where you find it, and not worry about other people too much. My experience tells me that we get no more than two or three such chances in a life time, and if we let them go, we regret it for the rest of our lives.
Make sure, as often as possible, you are doing something you’d be happy to die doing.
Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.
Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.
~Roy T. Bennett
I love the fact that I can make people happy, in any form. Even if it’s just an hour of their lives, if I can make them feel lucky or make them feel good, or bring a smile to a sour face, that to me is worthwhile.
on your lips
now can’t live without
mean removing people
from our lives for
It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Sometimes, just when everything seems to be going well, life throws us a curve ball. Then everything just starts to get messy. We get very confused and nothing seems to make sense. It’s not always that we get to come out of it easily because sometimes, it hits real hard. It’s way too painful that it seems so unfair why we need to get all through that without knowing the reason why.
But it’s situations like this that we are supposed to be stronger and we should fight harder. We can’t give up. We have to keep going. Then we’ll learn the lesson life is trying to teach us. Eventually, we grow.
Sometimes, we’re lucky to meet unexpected people. People who we meet at any random day of the week and staying up until wee hours of the night with them just talking about anything. We get to learn new things or start new hobbies with them or because of them. We learn to appreciate another side of life unknown to us before we’ve met them. Then sometimes, we fall in love. And gradually, things start to fall into place again. We feel deeply moved, we feel loved, appreciated and recognized. We feel everything all at once.
And then one day, it would just hit us. We are happy. In fact, we are very happy. We feel complete. We smile for no reason. Our hearts beat for all the right reasons. And when we look back months or years ago, it would make us feel glad that we stayed strong and didn’t let the pain or hurt consume us. We moved forward, we fought.
Self-worth is so vital to your happiness. If you don’t feel good about you, it’s hard to feel good about anything else.
Self worth is so vital to your happiness. If you don’t feel good about you, it’s hard to feel good about anything else.
I’m so fucking happy you exist.
Day 2 of my third Three Days, Three Quotes Challenge from Elma.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post a quote for three consecutive days, or whenever the mood strikes you.
- Tell why that quote appeal to you.
- Nominate three bloggers for each post.
Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance.
A reminder that we need to recognize and remember the importance of balance in our lives…
Sometimes the happiest ending isn’t the one you keep longing for, but something you absolutely cannot see from where you are.
What a way to start the new year in this blogging community! Another Liebster! This is just so sweet and cool and at the same unexpected really! Thanks a lot, Mab! Do check out her blog here. You will enjoy all the stuffs she has there for you! 🙂
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 other new bloggers to encourage them.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
Now here are Mab’s questions and my answers:
1. What is your favorite pet?
Dogs, dogs, dogs! I’ve been bitten by dogs like more than five times when I was younger but I really love having a pet dog. I took care of all our dogs back home since me and my brothers were still kids. Both of them like cats and birds so the dogs are all mine. 🙂
2. What is your favorite snack?
I love food so it’s not easy to choose a favorite but at the moment I am addicted to pajeon.
3. Which place in your house do you like the most?
Back in the Philippines, my mom’s kitchen and in the living room beside the fireplace.
4. What is your biggest hobby besides blogging?
Reading. And eating, too! But before I came here, I also played tennis very often.
5. If you were able to possess magic, what kind of magic would it be?
Black magic! Witchcraft! Haha!
6. What is your biggest wish?
Hmmm… right now I wish I’m rich because there are a lot of things I want to do that requires a lot of money like building homes for the homeless, creating workplaces where jobless people can work and earn money, and other stuff where I can be of help to other people.
7. Would you like your blog to be your job and why?
I always mention I’m not a writer, I’m far from it though I sometimes seriously wish I am. So I never really considered blogging to be my job. But then, who knows?
8. What did you like the most in 2017?
The times I did things for the first time like breaking my “personal” rules.
9. What would your perfect holiday be like?
Somewhere far from all the hustle and bustle of cities. A cabin in the woods is ideal. Winter and snowing. With friends and family. Lots of food and booze. But no internet so everyone will talk with each other. Focus on each other present at that moment. No instagramming, twittering or facebooking!
10. What is the meaning of education?
I think, any enlightening experience is education.
11. How did you create the name of your blog?
I think I’ve answered this before on my first Liebster… I often feel that I’m such a mess, a walking chaos and so on but a happy kind of mess and all, and so the blog name… 🙂
Choosing who to nominate is always the hardest part here because I want to nominate almost everyone whether they’re new bloggers or not. So I just randomly choose every time I do this.
The nominees are:
Preparing the questions to ask the nominees are easier as I usually ask whatever questions come to mind…
The questions for the nominees are:
- Do you like to read? If so, what’s your favorite book?
- Do you like movies? What’s your favorite?
- What’s your all-time favorite song?
- What are you more good at, singing or dancing?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What makes you angry?
- If you can pick any talent, what would it be?
- If you can pick one person in history to have dinner with, who and why?
- What one question do you want to ask me? 🙂
So there you go… I hope you enjoyed reading and I’d be waiting for your answers, too! Thanks once again, Mab!
Seize the day, homo sapiens! 🙂
Delighted to be with books, coffee and you!😊☕️📚
He left against her will but told her to wait for him.
She waited and endlessly hoped for him to return.
A couple of years later he asked her to follow him instead.
She hesitated for it’s not easy to give up the life she created for herself.
But she followed him just the same willing to start a new life again.
Soon they were together.
But her happiness and excitement was short-lived.
For in front of her eyes was someone else.
Someone else is the source of his happiness.
Sometimes, we don’t realize or sometimes we forget that the best things in life are free.
Happy Sunday, homo sapiens!
Why do you chase it
when all it does is keep you
from being happy?
It makes me happy
when he kisses my forehead.
It’s just a dream now.
I was trying to arrange my books earlier and here’s my to-read shelf. (I overlooked A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I’ve read it already and it’s a very good book.)
Everyone in this whole wide world has something, big or small, that makes them happy. Money, shoes, bags, food, people, etc. My idea of happiness is simple and usually, it’s the small things that actually gives me joy. And as I grow older, these small things are actually the big things and maybe that’s why these things made me happy then and still makes me happy now.
- A good book
- Adventures/Traveling and learning other cultures
- Happy tears
- Inside jokes with family/friends
- Old couples still madly in love with each other
- A kiss on the forehead (It’s the most respectful kiss, I think)
- Being married
- Morning fog (I miss this)
- When someone remembers the things you say (and when someone remembers my birthday not because they saw it on Facebook)
- When love works in other people
- When I/someone is excited and can’t stop smiling
- When people leave (You know, like clouds, when they’re gone, it’s a brighter day!)
- Long walks
- Songs that make you reminisce
- Starry nights
- Knowing/discovering things for the first time
- Finding things you thought you’ve lost
- Sleeping in your bed after being away
- Shy smiles 🙂
- Hanging out with friends
- The sound of rain and thunder
- Thrift shops
- Receiving hand-written letters (Which almost doesn’t happen anymore)
- Not coming home until early hours
There are a lot more things that make me happy and my list could go on forever but I’ll leave it with these few. How ’bout you? What brings you joy?
Thanks for reading, you just made me happy! 🙂